A New Year

I have been tied up with a bunch of other things and I still haven't saved enough pennies and dimes to replace the camera. I can still use the old 20D, so I can still take photos. But it is annoying dealing with it and I haven't found the time to take it apart to fix it yet. I seldom move very fast with things like this.

There is another alternative I am thinking about and that is saving more pennies and saving more dimes and getting a Cannon 5D Mark II. I got to use one of these during a trip to Ireland and just loved it. I didn't want to give it back after getting to play with it for a few days. It would take more money than fits in my coffee can, however. Some of you may suggest that I try a Nikon, but I am locked in by my lenses. I have some nice Cannon lenses and I don't want to have to start from scratch. So, we shall see what the next few months bring.

In the meantime, I still haven't come up with goals for this year. I am torn between trying for 25 states, 30? (I think that is a tad bit optimistic. Still having a goal got me to move last year.) I am also playing with ideas like 100 different railroads. 20 different commuter rail agencies. 20 different rapid transit systems. It may be all those things, it may be none of them. I will also take suggestions. Enough of you read this blog, someone must have some thoughts. Perhaps?

But until we decide, here is one I took the other day from my office window. I thought it worked better in black and white, but I am posting both versions so that everyone can tell me what they think. First the black and white version.
An MBTA Red Line train crosses the Longfellow Bridge from Boston to Cambridge at dusk on January 5, 2012.


And now the color...
Let me know which one you like best.

Comments

Popular Posts