Newark

You would think that it would be almost impossible to pass through New Jersey without getting a photograph of a train. Well, I did it. What I managed to get were some shots of Newark's light rail at Orange Street passing under I-280.

I totlally blew the exposure on this first one. I had the setting on the camera wrong and the initial exposure it came out almost completely black. Through the magic of Photoshop, however, I was able to salvage a workable picture. The thing I like about this picture is that it has the overdone colors of an old magazine print from the 1950s. So while it isn't the best photo in the world, I just decided I liked it for its quaint look and feel.


The next one is just a standard shot with the settings as they should be. I used Photoshop in this one to cancel out some of the curvature from the lens distortion. I was using a wide angle on this shot. I won't be counting these shots among my efforts to capture twenty states. My original rules were that I wouldn't count a rapid transit vehicle as a train shot. I have since softened my view of trams, trolleys and subways, but for this year I decided to stick to my original plan. I think next year I will open things up.

Comments

Popular Posts