AT SPEED: Amtrak's first revenue run out of Boston since February 8 bears down on Canton Junction "at speed" on Sunday, February 10.
I got a little time off after the blizzard passed. I checked Amtrak's website to see that it was planning to run a revenue train at about 1:30 p.m., so I grabbed the camera and went to Canton Junction. I met a couple Amtrak track workers who told me the run was still on and because it was the ``first run at speed'' on the line since the blizzard there was bound to be a lot of snow. As the train turned the corner and headed into the straightaway through the cut just north of Canton Junction, I could see through the viewfinder they workers were right. So here is one of the shots I took -- a headlight, a nose and a cloud of snow.

I managed to grab some other blizzard shots I will put up in the next few days.


Comments

Popular Posts