Back to Texas, But First Lowell

Coming out of the barn after a lunch break.
I am going back to Texas. I just love writing that. I am going to San Antonio this time and only for the weekend but I am pretty happy about it. I have never been to San Antonio and all I know about it is the Alamo is there. So, I am looking forward to having a couple of hours to at least roam around a bit and see what I can in such a short time.

But, before I do that I went up to Lowell over the weekend with My Little Helper, the Wife, Adult Daughter and Grandson the Train Fanatic. We had a great time wandering around the National Park there, which is dedicated to the mills and the millworker way of life. It can be a tough thing to read about the stories of these people living in small company owned housing, working all day and pretty much all week and getting paid nothing. Then you hear some of them say they worked there for 40 years or so. Every visit I make to the museum leaves me feeling the same way: I am grateful for all I have been given.

But let me reel myself in before I get too philosophical. It is Lowell afterall and that means trains and trolleys. It was the ride on the free trolley line around the city that was the high point of our visit. As many of you who read this blog know, My Little Helper loves a good trolley ride. My grandson, her nephew, also loves a good trolley ride as it turns out, so it was, to use the cliche a win-win.

Anyway, here are some shots from Lowell:

One of the great Lowell trolleys outside the museum. The clock tower of city hall is in the background.



Comments

Popular Posts