Thirteen: Lac Megantic, Quebec, Firday June 7, 2013



I decided to remove the train photos I took in Lac Megantic and replace them with a view of the lake itself from the city's waterfront. I felt they were insensitive given then events of the last few weeks. I intended this blog to be a lighthearted and fun look at railroading around the continent. But every time I looked at these photos it just made me sad for the town and the people of Lac Megantic. While photographing trains has always been a hobby of mine, I was reminded that railroads are big, dangerous, industrial enterprises.

Lac Megantic is a town that had, and still has, a great deal of potential. I had the feeling it was a place in the process of reinventing itself. I also had the feeling it was a place with a strong soul and deep heart. I am cheering for you Lac Megantic even as my heart is breaking for you.






Comments

Popular Posts