Changes to Connecticut Valley Passenger Rail

Some interesting changes coming to the passenger rail scene in Western Massachusetts detailed in this Valley Advocate story. I knew this was coming but I haven't been paying that close attention, but I think it means two things right away:

1) Get those photos of Amtrak runnng on the former Central Vermont lines now. Millers Falls is one of my personal favorite locations. If member serves, the southbound -- heading into the sun -- crosses the bridge there around 1 p.m.

2) A whole new set of photo opportunities is about to open up shortly. (But I will still miss the Millers Falls route. I may have to ride the train from Springfield to Brattleboro and back just to get the mileage in before it goes away probably forever.)

Comments

Popular Posts