South Station Boston

Twice every working day I pass through here either on my way to work or my way home. I have grown fond of the station even though I remember the way it used to be before it was refurbished. That isn't to say I don't like what they have done with the place. There is a lot more to see and do there now. There is even a two-floor CVS. There is also Jupiter, part of one of the biggest Solar System models on Earth. The Sun in this model is located at the Science Museum.

I don't take as many photos as I probably should in South Station. I always assume it will freak someone out or force me into a conversation with one of the many police officers that are stationed there. At this point in like I try to avoid trouble whenever I can. But the other night when I saw those red lights reflection on the side of the Acela, I knew I just had to take a shot.

While I had my camera out I took a shot of two MBTA commuter trains taking on passengers. My train is the one on the left. It may look like we are in an underground station but we aren't. They built a bus station over the South Station tracks in the 1990s. (At least I think it was the 90s.) So now there are parts of the station that look like they are under the ground like Grand Central or Penn Station in New York.

Comments

Popular Posts