2017: One, Westlake Station Seattle, Washington.


January 22: I got into Seattle the day before my conference was supposed to start. Instead of taking a cab from SeaTac, I hopped on the Link instead. The trip from the terminal to the SeaTac station was the hardest part. I was dragging two bags and it felt like a long walk after spending five and half hours on a cramped Delta jet. Once I was there, I just needed to figure out the ticketing, which actually wasn't that hard. I just didn't know the nuances, but there was a staff member there who explained the whole thing. In a minute I was riding like a local.

I took the train into Westlake Station. It is combination subway, busway terminal that sits a couple of blocks away from the convention center and the terminus for the monorail and the street car. I took the monorail to the Space Needle and then walked up to my hotel. I learned, after consulting a map, the easiest way to get around was to walk from the hotel to the street car at the corner of Mercer and Westlake Avenue. I traveled by streetcar for the rest of my time in Seattle. I have a few pictures of those I will post later.


And so starts another year. I wondered about just letting this blog die, but I figure I have another run in me.

Comments

Popular Posts