Six: Northfield, New Hampshire June 10, 2017

My Little Helper, Wise Older Daughter, Train Loving Grandson and I were all on our way to Clarke's Trading Post for the bear show when we stopped for gas, lottery tickets -- gotta start 'em young -- and snacks at the Park & Go Market in Northfield. As I was filling up the car, I heard the sound of an air horn blowing for a grade crossing. I'll admit I don't know much about the New Hampshire rail scene once you leave Nashua, but I was intriged. As was the rest of the crew. While everyone was piling back into the car a short frieght passed behind the market heading south.

``Everyone buckled in?'' The chase was on.

Okay, it was hardly a chase, we drove a little ways down the street in pursuit of a slow-moving train. We caught up with as it crossed route 132. A couple of quick photos and then we were back on our way. Another day, another state, another bear eating ice cream.

Okay, as bear photos go this is the... bare minimum.

Comments

Popular Posts