Ten: Old Saybrook, Connecticut

Okay, it is true that I sometimes get stuck in a rut and keep going back to the same old places again and again and again. I don't know how many years Old Saybrook has provided my Connecticut shot, but it was a lot. (I suppose I could count, but I don't want to.)

So here we are again. I took Lovely Wife, Little Helper (she's really moderate-sized Helper now) and Enthusiastic Grandson to Essex to visit the stream train and to take a boat ride. A bit pricier than back in the day when I took Enthusiastic Grandson's mother there, but we all had a good time and can you really put a price on that? (Well, you can and they do.) That said, I still love the Valley Railroad and all that they have accomplished over the years. I also love seeing a steamer with New Haven on its tender even if it is a rebuilt Chinese steam locomotive.


I mean seriously, am I right?

Comments

Popular Posts