Stuttgart Oct. 31, 2009

Stuttgart at the corner of Hohenheimer Strasse and Dobelstrasse. It was a rainy Saturday afternoon (Halloween)  and we were visiting friends in Stuttgart. They lived a block away from Hohenheimer and didn't mind me wandering off to indulge my hobby of photographing lightrail, buses and buildings. 

I wandered along the street getting other photos but it was a dark day and the trains move fast. A lot of blurred shots. It was a lovely day, though, and wonderful memory. 



The internet tells me that Stuttgart's Ubahn is run by Stuttgarter Stassenbahnen AG, or SSB, and the light rail operates under a 750-volt DC centenary. The line carries about 175 million riders a year. Not too bad. This line carried U5, U6, U7 and U12.

I loved the bright yellow livery and the speed at which the trains took the hill. We rode the line the next day to get a rental car. We said good bye to our friends and headed toward Geneva to meet with another friend. This was our last big European trip. I hope we get to do it again someday. 
































Comments

Popular Posts