Colorado: April 2018

This is one of those photos I have always dreamed of taking. It is actually from the rear of the train and this unit is pushing and there isn't a lot of sunshine to make the image pop, but look at the location. When I was a kid growing up in the east, I would see photos of trains in the west and think: Some day I will get there. Even though many decades have passed between those wishes and the reality, I am still excited and grateful when the moment comes.

I was actually standing at the side of a grade crossing when I took this. I knew the train was coming but I made it up the mountain a lot faster than it did, so I have to wait patiently as the freight crawled up the grade to where I was. The train is heading west and is the first part of its long slog over the Rocky Mountains.

Comments

Popular Posts