A New Journey Begins: New London, CT. Dec. 5, 2021

 

A Shoreline East commuter has just arrived at New London station in the early evening of December 5. 2021. An eastbound Amtrak Regional Express train will soon join it on the other track. 



Let’s Get Started Again

A few years ago in 2018 I titled a blog post: ``Lost Year.’’ Little did I know. I lamented how things got away from me and I just didn’t maintain the blog, as anyone knows who has been checking in, I haven’t been doing much since August 2019. Well, it is time to change that and to change the blog a little.

My original motivation was to achieve the goal each year of taking photos of trains in 20 states or counties. This sometimes led to some mediocre shots as I just wanted to log a location. While I enjoyed the chase, I am not sure it was particularly interesting to viewers of the blog. So my new goal is to stop and look around. I will still maintain a railroad focus, but I will also try to take a look around at where I am to find out who lives there, what else there is to see, and my impressions of the place. I also intend to step back in time and talk about some of the places I have been over the years.

It’s time to start a new journey.

Comments

Popular Posts