Eight for 2023: Lisbon, Portugal

We had a chance to go to Portugal in November. I am a little late at posting some of the photos.
We had never been there. Much of what I will say is cliche, but true: The people are nice, the food is good and the sights are wonderful. Our first day, staggering with jet lag, we still managed to take a walk around the city. The weather was warm -- it reminded me of Southern California.
We had to climb a hill ourside our hotel to Miradoura de Sao Pedro de Alcantara. This was a wide open park with a great view of the river and the city. There were a pair of buskers there that we enjoyed very much. If they had a CD I would have bought one. After that we wandered through the streets to R. de Sao Pedro de Alcantara where we found quite a few restaurants and shops. There was a great shop selling tiles. I was going to buy a few but figured we'd be back. We never got back. I did get a photo of the trolly, though. It made my night.
The next day we wandered along the waterfront to Belem tower. I also wanted to see the monument of exploration. I read about it once in National Geographic and it was a bucket list item for me. On the way back it was getting dark and we were tired, so we took the commuter rail back into the city proper and then the subway back to the hotel.

The trains run in the median of the highway. It was quite a sight.

Comments

Popular Posts