Five 2012: Texas

Texas: I got off the airplane, rented a car and it was quitting time. So, I took a trip up U.S. 90 outside Houston, also known as the Beaumont Highway and stumbled across a pair of BNSF freights running on UP tracks.

It took me a minute to get ahead of these guys and by the time I managed to turn the car around so I could get into position to take a shot they were on top of me.

Earlier, I managed to get this freight rolling toward UP's big yard down on Liberty Road in Houston.

There was a warbonnet in the consist, but I couldn't get a very good shot of him. Of course I am just grateful to get a chance to see one up close in this day and age.

After I got these shots I checked into my hotel and went to get some Tex-Mex for supper. I am a big fan of Tex Mex. My second night in Houston, I ended up at this restaurant called El Real on the recommendation of a local, and it was great. It's in the restored Tower Theater in Houston's Montrose neighborhood and right next door to Half Price Books. I ended up buying some books and then getting enchiladas verdes and beer at El Real. Not a bad way to spend the night.

Comments

Popular Posts