Still on the Road

It is Wednesday, Dec. 12 and we are still on the road. We made it to St. Louis where we stayed with friends for five days. The driving has been easy so far, we still have about 700 miles to go before we get home. I figure we will be home late Thursday or early Friday. For the record, I have 21 states so far -- the photos will go up when we get home.


A previously unpublished shot from another roadtrip -- a CN freights rides along the top of the levee in Baton Rouge, Louisiana in May 2011.

The additions I will make when we get back to Massachusetts will be:

Seventeen: Ontario.

Eighteen: Ohio.

Nineteen: Indiana.

Twenty: Illinois.

Twenty-one: Kentucky.

I hope to add at least two more states to the tally before we get home. As a preview of coming attractions, I managed to get some Metrolink shots in St. Louis and East St. Louis, some shortlines in Ohio and Indiana and an old Alco still in revenue service.  I am quite pleased so far.

Now I am wondering what to do next year. I may retire the twenty states concept and try for a different kind of challenge. I am open to suggestions so post a comment or email me at twentystates@gmail.com ... see you soon.

Comments

Popular Posts