Fourteen: Waterville, Maine, Monday September 2, 2013

The rain held off while we lounged by the lakes of western Maine, but it fell with vengeance when it was time to leave. I was fine about that because it made ending our short vacation and heading back to Boston bearable. Realizing this may be the last time I was in Maine and seeing how I missed getting a photo there back in June, I opted for a side trip to Pan-Am's yard in Waterville. It was either that or three years running of Rigby shots.

When we arrived in Waterville, I was luck to see a pair of PAR units still in Guilford colors working the yard. The rain was just pouring down though. There wasn't a chance I was taking the camera out in that, so I rolled down the window, got my left shoulder soaked and snapped a couple quick ones.


After we got this, the train looked like it was pulling out. I went down the tracks aways to see if I could get in front of it and caught this through the windshield. There was no one else on the street, so I pulled over and shot between the wipers. Not something I like to do but I like the way it came out just the same. 

 Then we pulled into a bank parking lot and took a close up of the lead unit. The cold rain turned it into an honorary steamer for the day. 
With the photos in the bag we headed out for home. Maine traffic and a few stops along the way capped our mini vacation when we pulled in the driveway about 6 p.m. It may also be the end of our travels for the year. I am not sure I will make it to 20 this year. But that is alright.

Comments

Popular Posts