Toyama Portram Videos



Here is a nice little video about the Toyama Light Rail. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Toyama "Portram" line, it was was built a few years back in the Japanese city of Toyama on top of an old "heavy rail" right of way. The line is only about 7.6 kilometers -- 4.7 miles, according to the Wikipedia write up on the route. (I have seen similar figures given on other Website.)

The line uses the TLRO600 tram, which has been nicknamed "Portram." Japanese model train makers Kato and Tomix make versions of the trams, which is how I became acquainted with them. My Little Helper and I saw one in a toy store window. I was curuious about them and started to explore the route. Here is some more information: http://www.lightrail.nl/toyama/

If I ever get to Toyama, I will definitely take a ride on the line.

Comments

Popular Posts