Gauthier Road

We took a meandering route back to Massachusetts after visiting family in New York and found ourselves out on the CSX line between Palmer and Charlton Hill. I took a sad, side trip to Warren and went by Bob Buck's old store. The store is gone now. A sign on the door said there is a new store -- Palmer Hobbies -- but it wasn't open on Sundays, so I didn't get a chance to visit. Brian Solomon, who I met through Bob years ago, has a nice little feature on it on his blog. Brian is one of the premier railroad photographers (photographers of any kind really) alive in the U.S. today. I strongly urge you to check out his work.




Anyway, after our visit to Warren we followed the line out to one of my old favorite haunts -- Guathier Road in Spencer, Mass. As usual, the trip didn't disappoint. I got a pair of CSX units detaching from a train of autoracks before crossing over the main and heading west.

Comments

Popular Posts