Four: Cumberland, Rhode Island January 30, 2015

I had the day off. Anytime I get a free moment and nothing else to do (and I can get up early enough) I head to Cumberland to watch the Providence & Worcester crews wake the locomotives up. The snow on the ground is from the great blizzard of 2015 that left 26 inches plus in Boston and the flakes in the air are just nature's way of adding insult to injury.
After the crew gets the locomotives up, they head to the small yard near the engine terminal and put together the day's train. The switching moves give you lots of chances to get some good shots. Usually I park in the lot by the Valley Falls Heritage Park, but it wasn't plowed out today. Instead, I left the car in the lot of a small commercial enterprise on High Street. It might actually be the lot for the Fillabuster Club.

In the second shot, W&P 2007 works the Cumberland yard. That is the steeple of St. Patrick's Catholic Church in the background.

Comments

Popular Posts