Eleven: Aug. 20, 2016 Bow, New Hampshire

The power off a Bow coal train awaits its next assignment just off River Road in Bow, New Hampshire. It is always good practice to take a quick trip down River Road to see what is there. I have never been disappointed. This shot is a bit bittersweet because I discovered later the Providence & Worcester has been sold (pending approval) to Genesee & Wyoming.

I don't have anything against the G&W. I am glad to see that they are putting together a vast netwook of small railroads and I even think that their paint scheme is nice. It is just I hate to see the P&W lose its independence. This is a railroad that fought back from being leased to giants to reemerge in the 1970s. Also, I have always like its various paint schemes, especially the current chocolate and orange. Of course this is nostalgia and not reality. I am sure when the new paint schemes start showing up in Providence...

Comments

Popular Posts