2012: Sixteen: New Jersey

I finally managed to get some decent shots in New Jersey. We passed through the state over the weekend and it looked like things were getting back to normal after Hurricane Sandy struck on Oct. 29. There were still a lot of trees down and the roads were full of electric crews from all over -- I saw some from Missouri and Oklahoma. A lot of progress has been made and that was good to see.

Metro North locomotive 4905, a GP-40FH-2, leads a northbound commuter train through Ramsey, New Jersey on a somewhat foggy Nov. 12, 2012 about 12:15 p.m.

A New Jersey Transit PL42-AC, road number 4031, pushes a "New York" bound commuter train through Ramsey at 12:24 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 12, 2012. 

We'll just call this a bonus. I took this as the light was fading on Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. I wasn't sure I would be able to get a shot of a train in Jersey, so I pushed up the ISO to well past 1000 and hammered away hoping for the best.

Not the best shots I have taken, but another step closer to the goal of 20. As it is now mid-November, I am not sure I am going to make it this year. But we'll keep on trying. 

Comments

Popular Posts