Dublin: 2007

Here are a couple of more tram photos. These are of Dublin's Luas, which is Irish for ``speed.'' The first one was taken outside of Connolly Station in Dublin when we had just arrived and the second one was outside Heuston station when our trip was over.I suppose it is appropriate that the starting shot is in the daylight and the end is at night. I had trouble with my camera the entire trip. There was, technically, nothing wrong with the camera -- the 20D has been very good to me -- it was more operator error. I got sick our second night in town, we saw ``Night at the Museum'' and I ate a large popcorn before buying fish and chips at a restaurant next to the movie theater. I am not sure if it was Ben Stiller or the fried food that made me ill, but I was sick for a good day and a half. (Okay, it was the fried food.) 

They started running Luas in 2004. This particular line connects Dublin's two big rail stations. Connolly is a commuter hub and is where the train to Belfast start from. Heuston seems to send trains everywhere else rails go around the country. We took a train from Heuston to Cork. It's a pleasant way to spend a few hours when you are in Ireland. It is also a lot safer for those of us who learned to drive on the right side of the street instead of the left. I actually found the Irish very patient people when I made errors driving. I assume it is because they are used to American tourist making hash out of things.
Anyway, the Luas is a handsome system. The trams are clean, attractive and can move right along. They also seem mighty popular.

Comments

Popular Posts