Bay Colony

I haven't been traveling much and I still don't have a new camera -- it is turning into a monotonous whine, so I won't mention it again until I get a new camera. Anyway, I decided to dip into the archives and pull out a few more from the late 1990s.


First up is Bay Colony's 1750 crossing Fisher Street in Needham, Mass. sometime in the 1990s. I can't remember exactly when I took this photo. The crossing is in what used to be known as Charles River Village, although there isn't much left of the stop that used to be there. It is also just above a bend in the river known as Red Wing Bay. According to what I managed to find on the Web, this locomotive was classified as a GP-8 and started its life in the Midwest in the 1950s. 

Next up is 1701. I think I may have taken this in the early 2000s. It is returning from Newton Highlands and is on its way through Dover, Massachusetts. Judging by the shadows, I took this in mid-morning. 1701 is also listed as a GP-8 from the Midwest from what I have found on the Wed. When I first encountered Bay Colony's paint scheme I didn't like it much, but it has since grown on me.  In later years they used some units from their cousin lines from down in Florida that incorporated a large blue stripe in addition to what you see here. I never learned to like that scheme at all. 


.

Comments

Popular Posts