Boxing Day

My year is ending similar to the way it got started -- at Canton Junction shooting a train with a telephoto lens. I may get a few more posts up before 2011 officially ends but I haven't been setting any records in these last few weeks of December. I am still having trouble with the camera and I am not quite ready to buy its replacement. I have been sick and haven't had a lot of desire to head outside. And I got caught up in all of the holiday hoopla.

I have had a pretty good year with the blog. I managed to make it to 21 states and countries. Since October we have managed about 1,000 viewers/readers per month. And I have just had a lot of fun putting it together and scrounging up ways to visit more places. So as I sat at Canton Junction today, I realized I have had a pretty good year. As if to help me realize this, the universe sent me through a pair of CSX engines heading light for Readville. (This is pretty much a daily occurrence, but I don't see it happen very often.) It is good to see that this former New Haven mainline still sees a freight locomotive every once and awhile. A nice reminder of what once was.

CSX ON THE OLD NEW HAVEN: A pair of CSX geeps heads toward Readville (Boston) through the cut at Canton Junction. The red spot on the locomotive's window is the reflection from the signal that the pair of units has just passed.

Comments

Popular Posts