Ten: Austin, Texas April 1, 2015

Austin, Texas commuter rail rolling into its terminus at the Austin Convention Center. These are nice looking units and travel via an old freight line out into the suburbs. While they may look like trolleys they are in fact DMUs. I'd like to see Boston pick up a few of these. I have never ridden the line but a few years back I did follow it out to its end.

I have some freight photos too, but I need to resize them in Photoshop before I put them up here.

 As promised for you freight train lovers.. Here is a Union Pacific freight crossing the Colorado River in Austin on a lovely spring evening. I was sitting on a bench on the pedestrian bridge when I took this. The trains move slow and give you a lot of advanced warning they are coming.

Comments

Popular Posts