Twelve: Newark, Ohio April 20.

I have got photos in Newark, Ohio before. We stay at the Cherry Valley Lodge on our cross-country trips. It is a nice place and fairly reasonable all things considered. It has an attached water park, but we have never managed to get there when it is open. My Little Helper likes the pool. Anyway, in downtown Newark, the Ohio Central has a yard, although the orange and black of its new parent company is starting to creep in. I still managed to find a loco tied up in the older scheme.


On the way out of town, we also passed the CSX mainline in Columbus. Here is a CSX freight out the window.


I like that ancient looking beast tucked into that consist. I wish I had had a better chance to capture it on film. Alas, we were on a tight schedule, so I had to accept these two sub-par efforts to meet my quota.

Comments

Popular Posts