Fifteen: Walls, Mississippi, December 8, 2017

We're about 10 miles south of the yard where I picked the freight up on its southbound journey. Night has sunk its teeth into the day and the light is fading on this Friday night just as the year is fading. I don't know if I am going to get to 20 but I got a lot closer than I thought I would back in September.

There is something about a Friday night that I love most of all the days of the week. When I was younger it meant going out, seeing friends and maybe even having an adventure. Now that I am older, I think it is more just the hope the weekend brings. I have a few days off from work and anything could happen. Usually not much happens, but I still get excited by the prospect that something could happen. I guess Friday night is the giftwrapped box.

Comments

Popular Posts