Thirteen: Turrell to Marion, Arkansas

A southbound coal train rolls slowly into Marion, Arkansas as the day's light fades fast. 
I had a night appointment and a little time to kill, so I drove up the west side of the Mississippi Riverbetween in Arkansas. I ran into a few trains in Turrell and Marion. The area has two BNSF lines coming together and there was quite a few trains but I always seemed to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, in fading light. Anyway, I did manage to catch a couple. 

GE E44C4 4213 leads a northbound manifest along side Arkansas state highway 77.


SD70MAC still in its ancient paint scheme helps its stablemate haul caul in Arkansas.


Finally, I have to add a sight-seeing shot. Turrell High School is home of the Rockets. My own high school's mascot was a rocket, so I have a soft spot in my heart for ``The Rockets'' no matter where they play. Anyway, the school's Class of 1981 gave it a great gift that sits out on the lawn. I cannot say for sure, but I think it is an old NIKE missie, which is the same reason my hometown was named after the rockets.



The journey toward 20 goes on even as the last days of 2017 fly by.



Comments

Wil said…
I am going to say it's an Honest John Surface to Surface Missile of the Army.

Popular Posts