Seven: Parkersburg, West Virginia

If I was a modeler, I would love to tackle this little beast. It would be a lot of fun to paint and weather I am sure. The EMD switcher belongs to the Little Kanawha River Railroad, which works the industrial area along the river in Parkersburg, West Virginia. It is where the Kanawha enters the Ohio on its way to the Mississippi. In addition to this well worn beastie, the railroad has another switcher in a more traditional black-dip scheme.

This entire place is so full of atmosphere.
The internet says Parkersburg is the fourth largest city in West Virginia with about 31,000 people. I'll accept that. It doesn't seem like a lot, but I found the folks I met to be friendly. I was also pleased to see that shining export of Massachusetts capitalism -- Dunkin' Donuts -- has an outpost in Parkersburg. (I guess it is just Dunkin' now.) I got a coffee, my not-so-Little Helper got a Boston Cream and our Plucky Sidekick got himself a glazed. All-in-all a good visit.

Comments

Popular Posts