New England Centeral northbound in Three Rivers

The confluence of the Ware and Quaboag Rivers to form the Chicopee River is one of my favorite places to catch a train even if the bridge girder is just a little too high for a nice shot. Still I followed this train north out of Palmer and then ``lost'' it somewhere in Belchertown. I have always wanted to catch a freight rolling through a variety of locations in Belchertown since the days I was in college and green Central Vermont Alcos did the honors. It is a task that will have to wait for another day.

I have to say I like the orange and black on the Central New England units. I never loved the blue and gold, mainly because it replaced the Central Vermont name. It is totally a railfan reason -- all emotion and very little reality involved. Just the same, as the blue and yellow fades to orange and black I am not getting very sentimental for the old paint scheme. That doesn't mean I won't grab as many photos of it as I can. I learned the lesson well enough never to let a chance slip by. Make a record of everything, especially everything that is going to be gone forever soon enough. I can't see the G&W running out a fleet of heratage units anytime soon.

Comments

Popular Posts