Root Canals

I have to admit that I have substandard teeth. It seems to be a fact of life and I have come to live with it. The downside of having bad teeth is that I have become an expert at root canals. I have had so many that I probably could perform one, or at least give lessons in how to receive one.

Chestnut Hill: Inbound and outbound LRV sets pass at the MBTA's Chestnut Hill stop on the Green Line on the Newton/Brookline line.
The upside of root canals -- I always look for silver linings -- is that I get to take the MBTA's Greenline to and from my appointments! The D-Line to be precise, which was built on an old Boston & Albany branch in the 1950s. This line is considered to be one of the first light rail conversions in the United States. It may have been the first, but I tend to shy away from absolutes because the second you declare one, someone shows up to dispute it. In fact, I am finding myself wondering if the MBTA's Ashmont line is a better candidate for the oldest -- see, I am disputing myself.

Anyway, I used to ride the Greenline a lot when I was a teenager and went to school in Boston and lived in the green leafy suburbs to the west of the city. But now I live farther south and rarely get to travel on the Greenline. I don't exactly want anymore root canals, but if they become a necessity, at least I get to take a trip on a very nice line.

Comments

Popular Posts