Seventeen: Drummondville, Quebec August 7, 2015

Train time at Drummondville, Quebec. A CN freight had just gone eastbound when VIA train 27 from Quebec City to Montreal rolled in heading west to pick up its passengers at the nicely kept station.

My Little Helper and the Wife were there as well. We went to eat shortly after at Le Vieux St. Charles on Rte 122. I had the lasagna, which I liked quite a bit. I was expecting a block of pasta and cheese the way I get it in the U.S. Instead I got a bowl of pasta, sauce and cheese that was quite filling and delicious. After we finished up there we headed for St. Jean-sur-Richelieu for the International Balloon Festival. I did see a Norfolk-Southern led freight heading south in St. Jean early the next morning when we went out to see the balloon launches, but I couldn't get it. So here are a few more from Drummondville.

The CN freight totally caught me by surprise, so I missed the chance to get a great shot of this guy. I am still glad I managed to squeeze off a shot for posterity just the same.

I love the stainless steel Budd cars in the VIA consist. I have decided I am going to ride one sometime in the next 12 months. Anyway, we have 17 down, we have a four months and a few weeks before 2015 is in the books. I don't have any other long trips scheduled... so I just don't know if we are going to make it.

Comments

Popular Posts