The Last Day of Vacation


The trouble with vacations is that they end. I have learned the transition back to work is a little easier if you build in one day where you are home but not doing anything. Yesterday was that day. The Wife and I took a hike to the top of the Great Blue Hill and then a walk along the Neponset River in Dorchester Lower Mills. That, of course, means PCCs on the Ashmont section of the Red Line.


The first shot I am posting, but not the first shot I took, is of two PCCs passing between the Butler and Milton stations. The one coming toward me is headed to Ashmont, while the other is going to Mattapan.


An inbound PCC crossing The Lower Neponset River Trail. Part of the trail is the old New Haven right-of-way that went out to the Baker's Chocolate Factory. You can now rent apartments there. I have vague and murky memories of an RS-3 on the line. But most of the time we past the silos, which have long been torn down and turned into a parking lot, there wasn't much going on.

And our last shot, for right now, is an outbound car about to stop at the Butler Street station.

Comments

Popular Posts