Bob Buck

My good friend Bob Buck passed away this week. He was a good man, who had a vast knowledge of railroads, Massachusetts history and an endless desire to give back to his community in every way he could. His boundless energy was contagious and inspiring.
A CSX intermodal heading east on Saturday morning Oct. 15, 2011 through Spencer.

I met him when I was still a college student 29 years ago at UMass in Amherst. He had a store in his family home and it was an appropriate place for it because he always made you feel like you were home when you visited him. He always had a story to tell, a photo to show me or a new toy to tempt me with. Quite often when I would buy something in his store he would hand me a Kennedy half dollar in change. These past few years I would join him for dinner at the Steaming Tender restaurant in Palmer on Saturday nights where he would assemble a great group of interesting guys. And he always had a good bad joke.


The world has changed forever... again.

Comments

Popular Posts