Trolleys

So the Little Helper and I took an afternoon trip to get ice cream. We went to Freeze in Waban -- a part of Newton, Massachusetts for those of you from afar. It's a nice little shop tucked in at the end of a retail block across from the MBTA's Greenline stop and the Post Office. They have a nice selection of ice cream but if you go it is a cash only establisment, so make sure you have some.

After we finished our ice cream -- a small vanilla for Helper and a strawberry shake for me -- we went across the way to watch the Greenline trains. My camera -- a Canon 20D -- has been acting up lately and was out of commission, so no photos unfortunately. I think the universe is telling me it is time to buy a new camera.

But the lack of photos didn't mar our fun. We decided to put my monthly commuter pass to good use and hopped on a Boston-bound LRV. We rode up to Newton Highlands and then got off and took another car back home. The motorman was a friendly guy who welcomed us aboard. We told him we were just riding for the sake of riding and he thought that was a great way to spend a sunny Sunday.

It didn't take long before we were back at Waban where we got off and waved good-bye. We got a friendly ding-ding from the motorman as the LRV pulled away. I think the MBTA made a friend for life of my Little Helper. And I am sure we will be taking more trips to Waban in the not too distant future.

Comments

Popular Posts