Connecticut Trolley Museum at East Windsor

We were on our way back from upstate New York a few weeks back and stopped in at the Connecticut Trolley Museum in East Windsor. It isn't far from either Springfield, Mass. or Hartford and was more or less on our way home. It turns out my wife is a fan of trolleys having taken them to get around while she was in college and of course my Little Helper is always willing to stop to look at a train of any kind, including a ``trolley train.''
A trolly from Rio de Janeiro.


So we stopped in to check the place out... after we figured out where it was. Tickets are $8.00 for adults, $5.00 for kids 2 to 12 -- they call this youth, but I think 2s and 3s and quite possibly 4s and 5s aren't exactly what I would call ``youth.'' Never-the-less, it isn't a bad price for a trolley ride, a walk through the exhibit hall and access to the fire truck museum out back. We were tired and had a growing desire to get home, so we skipped the fire truck museum but I am sure when we go back we will take that in as well.

I like to use my telephoto lenses.


The trip is over the old right of way of the Hartford & Springfield Street Railway and the crew, dressed in uniforms and caps, gave a little talk about the line as we traveled out through the nice Connecticut countryside, past an airport and through a swamp. The line also crosses a number of streets along the way, which I thought might make for some interesting photos when time permits. 

All in all I enjoyed the trip, as did my Helper, as well as my wife. I will definitely return there in the future and I am glad to see that there is another trolley museum not terribly far from my house. We need to make it to the Shoreline Museum though before the end of the season.

Comments

Popular Posts